Thursday, December 10, 2015

Reflective post


 
When I decided to sign up for this class I did not know what to expect. I took a couple of the other teaching classes already but this one I knew would be different. That made me a little nervous at first, I had to get out of my comfort zone. My first blog post was a little scary. I was actually freaking out because I did not know how to use blogger at all. My first blog took a lot longer than it should have. After the first couple post I became so much more comfortable with making the posts. In the beginning a post would take me three to four hours to do, now I can write one in forty minutes, and adding the technology components takes about another forty minutes. I am happy that it does not take as long. It is not because I started cutting corners, it is simply because I knew what to do and what you were expecting. We had a couple group projects in the course and they went great. The groups I was put in always had one or two people who would take charge and we would get it done. Now you can either get an okay professor, a great professor or one that you wonder why they are a professor. I was fortunate enough to get a great professor for this course. When I emailed you I always got a response, grades were always graded, and it seemed like you cared about your students.  The assignments made you think and I knew that I was learning a lot that I would be able to use when I become a teacher, for example a webquest. The first time I heard about webquests was from this course, I will incorporate them in my lessons when I become a teacher. I would give you constructive criticism if I had any. I had no problems during this course that made me feel upset or too troubled. The syllabus followed the course very well and I knew what you would be expecting. Keep doing what you are doing.





References:

Bennet, W. (n.d.). The lasting impact of good teachers - CNN.com. Retrieved December 10, 2015, from http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/opinion/bennett-good-teachers/

WebQuest 101 Part 1 -- What is a WebQuest? (n.d.). Retrieved December 10, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4rel5qOPvU

Inspirational teaching quotes - Google Search. (n.d.). Retrieved December 10, 2015, from https://www.google.com/search?q=inspirational teaching

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing better than that feeling of accomplishment for something that you thought you might not be able to do (or do very well)! That is why I absolutely treasure reading these last reflective posts - students recognizing their own learning and finding meaning in what sometimes becomes a 'check off' of things to do for a class. You have created a solid foundation of both content knowledge and technology skill in this class and I know you will continue to grow and learn with each new college class as you pursue your teaching career - I hope you can continue to utilize what you learned here to become that 'great' teacher, too! :)

    ReplyDelete